Not sure where to go this summer? Here are five road trip ideas!
How does that old song go? Summertime and the living is easy.Driving with the windows down or the sunroof open, is there anything better than a road trip? And you don't have to go too far to be wowed by Quebec's gorgeous landscapes and winding roads. Here are five relaxing destinations located approximately 90 minutes from Montreal.
5. Parc régional Ouareau: 90 minutes Ouareau Regional Park is a choice spot to spend a nice summer day.Located just a stone’s throw from Mont-Tremblant, this park offers stunning views. And if you choose to take Highway 125, you won’t be disappointed.
4. The Wine Route: 60 minutes Extending over 100 kilometres, the Wine Route includes 22 vineyards, 21 restaurants and 4 circuit tours, depending on how much time you have. Take your time and enjoy the beautiful landscapes on the Wine Route in the Brome-Missisquoi region.
3. Wilson Falls: 75 minutes Located in Saint-Jérôme, Wilson Falls is a beautiful destination that’s conveniently close to Montreal. In addition to offering a host of interesting activities, the park has more than 80 picnic tables for visitors to use. If you’re in the mood for day trip, why not stop at Wilson Falls and have a bite to eat while you’re there!
2. Joie de Lavande: 80 minutes Located in the Eastern Townships, Joie de Lavande (joy of lavender) is a gorgeous place complete with a boutique that sells Quebec-made products. To get there, hop on Highway 243 and drive alongside Brome Lake. Now that’s what I call a great road trip!
1. Omega Park: 105 minutes Whether you’re with family or friends, Montebello’s Omega Park is a great destination. Just head west on Highway 50 and you’ll be there in no time. You’ll be dazzled by the wonderful scenery.